Friday, October 7, 2011

there are so many stories settled deep in all of us. little tales of triumph and joy and sorrow. wistful reminiscences. stories we glean from the entire tome of our life and consider memorable. stories we sift through, sometimes finding the right person to share with. sometimes sharing with anyone. they are layered and foggy, changing imperceptibly with every telling so that the reality of what actually took place, no longer is. stories of childhood, of love, of place, of people. they are born when memory is put to words, they come alive in the telling. i planned to tell a story here tonight. but i began to think of storytelling and ended up with this instead. a version of a story, but not the narrative i'd planned. but slowly i believe the little rambling sketches will begin to slip into this conversation.

8 comments:

  1. You are so good with words, i recognize what you are writing, it are these things i am painting. the window photo, vey beautiful illustration of your words...all the stories behind it that, waiting to be told or.. kept secret, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i look forward to your posts as well as your stories... as renilde says : you are so good with words : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you so beautifully put in to words things that I also am thinking. You give my thoughts form and weight. You round them out and make them real. I dislike the fact that we are collecting our stories now (and for the past 22 years) apart from each other. That so many of our stories and memories are separate. But I love how our friendship has lasted over so much time and space. I love your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your ramblign sketches, and I notice more and more on my blog as well. keep them coming. I love your writing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. coffee in hand, listening to the jerry garcia band play 'dear prudence' and having such wonderful people to respond to. it's one of the nice parts of getting up in the middle of the night to take edgar out and writing a blog post!!!

    renilde....i spent 20 years painting, it owns a huge part of me. i love that we share that and that you see it in my writing.

    demie...you have been such a big part of my growth here on this blog. you have always encouraged what i write. thank you.

    lisa....what a beautiful thing you've said about our friendship. you taught me to see poetry in a fresh way. our thing is a truly special one

    petra.....thank you. i really look forward to sharing our sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always look forward to to sketches--I think they are more than that, though. Watercolors? Prose poems? They feel fully formed to me. Your walks with Edgar, your studio, your love for your craft, I feel it all, you help me see and understand it. There is a calmness and beauty that is so appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and very true words.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, yes, yes. Indeed Hubby and I watched a silly romantic comedy last night and, when done, we reminisced for quite some time about how we met, fell in love and so forth... Had to laugh at how so many of our memories were different, albeit slightly. Thank you - the readers are right... your words are always such a pleasure to absorb :-)

    ReplyDelete