Tuesday, November 15, 2011

yesterday morning we walked along with the sun and the lake. a beautiful bright and warm morning. but midway through the day, i had no choice but to succombe to whatever this sickness was leaving me aching and exhausted and light-headed. so i left the studio, fabric still sitting in the sewing machine and came home to my bed. tom had been doing laundry and vacuuming with the windows open wide. so i curled into bed with quilts and the bedroom curtain moving gently from the november breeze. i sipped perrier. i slept. the tv was a groggy background. i craved a roast that my mother always makes. there was one in the freezer, so tom put it in the oven for me before he left for work. i dragged myself downstairs for a couple of slices of roast, that i took back up to bed to eat while half watching 'hoarders'.
and now, after 18 hours of sleep and laziness, i hope today i'll get back to work and find my energy again. geese just flew over the house. crabby is drinking from edgar's water. edgar is watching her, unbothered. i will have a hot steamy bath full of healing essential oils and try to make up for yesterday's lost hours. and hopefully find something more interesting than my sickness to write about later.

7 comments:

  1. And if you need more rest, then take it. Listen to your body. I'm glad you are surrounded by so much love and domesticity to help you heal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am sorry you have been feeling under the weather Annette...
    hope this is gone by now or at least soon.

    your pictures made me happy : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Resting and sleeping is the best you can do,and you're in the best of company that will help too, get better soon, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are better! But your hours were not lost, they were used healing your body!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you are feeling a bit under the weather. I hope rest, a warm snuggly bed and sleep has perked you up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos sick girl...
    Sending you healing
    Thoughts as I turn in tonight...
    Txo

    ReplyDelete
  7. all your lovely comments give me energy and a smile and make me feel so much better. thank you!

    ReplyDelete