Saturday, January 28, 2012


the past week has been a little frantic. a pace that i set, but exhausted me nevertheless. i'm not used to living within limits. and this week i've grown obsessed with these fabric coil bowls. i hate to throw away my scraps..... and with the collection of fabric that i have gathered and that i use daily, i generate mountains of heart-tuggingly beautiful scraps. in the summer i was making farmhouse quilts from the fabric strips that remained after i cut squares. but there are always bags of smaller scraps that my brain tells me to just throw away, (and i sometimes do), but my heart tells me to store. so i have bags of them under tables and underfoot.
last week i was skimming through etsy to see what a standard length would be for the table runners i'm making from a lovely linen/cotton blend that i've been equally obsessed with lately. (i am driven by my obsessions). and i saw a fabric coiled bowl. and it just started me up.
so the studio has many new lovelies for our sale tomorrow. if you're around and looking to find a cozy destination on a late january sunday.....we are your spot. tomorrow, sunday january 29th, we'll be at 55 mowat ave in portsmouth village. come by anytime between 10 am and 4 pm.


5 comments:

  1. They look like little vessels of cosiness and safety. A spot to place things that need a little care - the glasses you don't want to scratch, the peaches that must not bruise, the necklace left to me by Grammy ... i love them :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, you said it beautifully. and i think we see them in the same light because i thought of them as egg bowls. and eggs need care.....little fresh brown fragile orbs. i'm so glad to have you back.

      Delete
  2. Oh the bowls are wonderful--very special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these!!! So bright and colorful! It makes me think of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good idea to use the rest of your quilt for such a beautiful bowls!

    ReplyDelete