Tuesday, January 17, 2012

the wind is a dramatic performer tonight. the windows are vibrating and the trees are swaying. the lake is ferocious. and there is a roar outdoors. the noise is constant and unrelenting. i should be sleeping, getting nicely rested for our sale tomorrow. but i'm awake with the wind. upstairs my bath is waiting, all steamy and sweet. but i'm full of nervous energy that the wind is whipping up in me.
tomorrow is our sale (wednesday january 18th, from 3-8). i hope you can make it out to the little white house at 55 mowat ave in portsmouth village. we have lots of little goodies for you to fall in love with. so if you're out and about, stop in. our next sale will be on sunday january 29th from 10 - 4.

9 comments:

  1. i hope you managed to get some rest and are ready for the sale today : )
    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i slept beautifully demie...thank you. i hope your day is wonderful.

      Delete
  2. The other day I saw a documentary on TV. Somewhere in Siberia when it gets very cold the trees crackle and people say "the trees sing". That's so wonderful and cam into my mind when I read your words. I am sorry that I cannot make it to your sale... WIsh you lots of success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what a beautiful image that is, christa. i will remember the singing trees now too. thank you.

      Delete
  3. The description of the wind makes me cold whipping makes me cold. It must be w~i~n~d~y if your windows are rattling. I would hate to get outside.

    It is in the 50's here the wind makes it colder. We have yet to have really cold weather here. By Friday it will be 72 degrees! I really don't understand the weather pattern here! I rather like cold weather...I like to drink cocoa and sit wrapped up in a nice throw watching TV. You just can't do that here when it is 72 degrees outside. LOL

    Good luck on your sale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to say that the description of the wind whipping up against the windows makes me cold! HA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha....i knew that's what you meant. the weather sure has been wierd hasn't it. enjoy your nice warm weather but i hope you get a few hot chocolate by the fire nights.

      Delete