Friday, February 24, 2012

i have a lip balm i found last week in a drawer or a pocket or the bottom of an abandoned bag. a tiny glass jar with a twisty metal lid. and i've loved using it every morning since i found it. there is a flavor a scent a citrusy fresh combination that takes me back decades. but i'm not even sure to where. i don't know if it's the same flavor as a bonne bell lipsmackers from grade 5 that i loved. or a more sophisticated college version. of if it's the exact lemony-ness of the lemon crepes i would crave in paris. i don't know if i'm flushed with the freshness of a lotion i used when i was with a certain boy who made my heart sing. or a pie i shared with someone somewhere. but this lip balm takes me on a little trip every time it touches my lips. and it's a good and happy and very familiar place that rushes through me, i just don't know the details.

2 comments: