Wednesday, March 21, 2012

the streetlight outside my bedroom window is burned out. i like the feel of the real night. the night is black and the stars are bright. and i'm cradled in darkness. soothing and thick, the night. our weather is still treating us to august in march. and because of the warmth, edgar was bathed this afternoon, on the porch in the sun. all the stink of winter washed away. he is soft and sweet smelling. and tired out. he has slept hard all evening. it's these lonely dark nights that i wish his long wobbly legs would still carry him upstairs to sleep with us. and crowd us out of the bed. but i have stella. she guards me as i sleep. when the hour grows late and we haven't headed upstairs yet, she doesn't leave my side. she takes her job seriously and i know she's happier for it.

6 comments:

  1. The love of and the love for our loyal furry friends... truly a gift to share and to cherish. Edgar is just gorgeous... what a trooper. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like the unconditional love of our animal companions. Edgar looks wonderful, sorry his legs won't let him love you as before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this photo of Edgar.... What a sweet boy
    Xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think there is any animal that isn't loyal and loving towards its owner. I use to give my dog a bath in my bathtub. She would hop right up into the tub and just stand there so patiently while I bathed her. She also would sleep away the day afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like too that feeling of real night, when I go out to take a smoke after my kids are asleep. And therumors of a wolf going around the area, only excites me...

    Edgar is the lovliest of dogs : )

    ReplyDelete