Friday, June 1, 2012

an unformed day sits in front of me. the kitchen smells of coffee. my head is in paris.....i've been watching tennis since 5 am. the air has turned cool overnight and the day is a rainy one. i stood on the porch with edgar before the sun was up fully. he wandered the yard while a couple of the cats came in. i love mornings. quiet and puttering. it warms me up for the day.
i'll finish a quilt today. but first, edgar needs a walk and i need a bath. i love the expectation of a beautiful day before us.

9 comments:

  1. I love early mornings, but I'm not a morning person - if that makes any sense. it's the different kind of silence in the morning I like best, and being with just yourself feels different then than in the evening or afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you stopped by my blog so that I could in turn find you. You have a lovely blog that I'm going to enjoy exploring. I love the name too - my girls spent the night last Saturday chasing lightening bugs through the fields after dark. Its very evocative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect day in which to relax and do leisurely pursuits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful your day started ..
    The mornings are peaceful and relaxing
    Edgar must have loved his walk.
    enjoy your weekend.
    val

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a perfect morning, and so poetic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not much of a morning person anymore. I use to be but as I have gotten older I much prefer going to bed when all is still with nothing to distract me so that I can meditate. The best part of getting up is smelling and drinking that first cup of coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is this your house? I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, this is our little house. thanks, deborah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very very sweet! and the living room is just so beautiful (seen in other photos) I very much like the color of it

    ReplyDelete