Wednesday, February 13, 2013

winter mornings.  early chill in the air.  a little circle of new warmth settles around the fire.  i'm curled under my edgar quilt avoiding the kitchen that is still a mess from last night.  but i was at the studio all day yesterday.  and i finished several quilts.  including this black and gray beauty.  
i'm sewing easily again.  i work in a chaotic swirl of fabric and thread.  i need to see what i'm working with.  i need to have my choices spread out before me.  fabric is sprawled everywhere while i make all the various decisions that go into each quilt. soon the clean-up will begin, and the glow of the little white house will welcome you in.
we're having a sale on sunday.  the first in two months.  the little white house will be happy to be open and full of life and vigor again.  and you'll find more than just quilts.....remember there is a collection of wonderful sterling jewelry and a room of vintage books as well as a little art gallery under the eaves.  so, this weekend, on sunday the 17th, come by 55 mowat avenue.  we'll be open from 10 until 5. 

3 comments:

  1. hi Anette,
    The black and grey one is lovely! I'm glad to hear you're getting back into the swing of life again. Every time i snuggle in my lap quilt and gaze down at those pretty patches, i wonder about the decisions you make picking fabrics and size/shape of each piece...it seems a maze to me, but a very beautiful one indeed. it is truly a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was closer I would come in a snap, take care my friend, I 'm glad you're back quilting, I hope you are healing with each stitch,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quilt. I too love to sew but seldom do these days. I tend to be on here blogging when I should be sewing or painting.
    I am following you
    Janice

    ReplyDelete